Here’s a list of the top 5 best Dragon Ball Z games of all time:
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (2018) – Developed by Arc System Works, this 2.5D fighting game has received widespread acclaim for its stunning visuals, faithful character representation, and intuitive gameplay. It features a robust roster of iconic DBZ characters, intense battles, and a captivating storyline that appeals to both casual and competitive players.
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (2004) – Considered a classic among DBZ fans, Budokai 3 for PlayStation 2 offers an engaging fighting experience with a vast character roster and a deep combat system. It introduced the Dragon Universe mode, allowing players to explore the DBZ world, complete quests, and unlock various bonuses, making it a standout entry in the series.
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (2020) – As an action RPG developed by CyberConnect2, Kakarot offers an immersive retelling of the DBZ story, allowing players to step into the shoes of Goku and other beloved characters. With its expansive open-world exploration, stunning visuals, and engaging gameplay mechanics, this game successfully captures the epic scale and emotional depth of the Dragon Ball universe.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (2016) – Building upon the success of its predecessor, Xenoverse 2 expands the Dragon Ball Z lore with a unique twist. Players create their own custom character and participate in time-traveling adventures, altering key events in the series. The game features an extensive character customization system, online multiplayer battles, and a wealth of content that keeps fans hooked.
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (2007) – Regarded as one of the most comprehensive DBZ fighting games, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 boasts a massive character roster, spanning multiple sagas and generations. It offers dynamic 3D battles with destructible environments, satisfying combat mechanics, and a variety of game modes that provide endless hours of enjoyment for DBZ enthusiasts.
These five games represent the pinnacle of Dragon Ball Z gaming, offering captivating experiences for fans and newcomers alike, and showcasing the enduring popularity and impact of the franchise in the gaming world.